The National Renters Alliance as an ethical business will always operate legally, morally and ethically to the highest degree. The NRA shall:
- Act fairly and reasonably in dealings with clients.
- Ensure that all services are offered to meet the needs of clients.
- Expend the utmost effort in providing clear, transparent, non-misleading and fair information to clients.
- Avoid any conflicts of interest.
- Where providing advice, only advise clients to pursue cases if it is in the interests of clients to do so.
- Preserve the confidentiality of claimants unless disclosure is required or permitted by law or by the claimant.
- Perform due diligence to ascertain the veracity of potential claims prior to raising a dispute.
- Where a claim is warranted to provide honest, comprehensive and objective written information to assist the client to reach a decision
including the risks involved in making a claim, in particular the possibility of losing money and, in the
case of legal action, appearing in court.
- Where services are provided they will be perfomed in a way that does not misrepresent, either by implication or omission, any term or
condition or by whom the service will be provided.
- Advize clients on the proceedures that will be followed.
- Make clear procedures to follow in the event of a complaint.
- Treat all clients equally with respect regardless of their age, sex, race, religious beliefs or sexual orientation.